Today's blog post is a real treat- literally! :p We were lucky enough to get Katie (i.e. The Informed Mom) on the blog sharing one of her delicious recipes. These Maca Banana Nut Butter muffins are a breeze to make, gluten free, and chock full of healthy, satisying ingredients.
We recommend making a double batch and popping some in the freezer to save for later!
I love banana bread, and I love the combination of banana and peanut butter, so I figured this must be a no brainer, and it is! I always am looking for ways to tweak recipes and make them my own, so I used the base of a Goop recipe and created something great.
I am big on adaptogens and try to add them to my food and drink as much as possible. Since maca has a nice nutty flavor, it's really easy to add to things without detection, so I went with that.
I also made them grain free and dairy free as we are trying to stick with a mainly Paleo diet. But of course, we do slip from time to time, but its all about balance!
So lets get to it!
Maca Banana Nut Butter Muffin Recipe
For the batter:
1 ½ cup almond flour or almond meal
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
2 teaspoons Maca
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
4 over ripe bananas, smashed
For the filling:
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line muffin tins with liners
3. In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
4. Whisk together melted coconut oil, eggs, and maple syrup, stir into dry ingredients, then fold in the banana.
5. Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
6. Pour a heaping tablespoon of batter into the muffin tins
7. Pour one heaping teaspoon of filling over batter then pour one tablespoon of batter over the filling to cover it
8. Optional garnish: Place sliced banana on top of each individual muffin
9. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
10. Allow to cool in pans about 15 minutes before eating.
This recipe can be adapted in many ways! For example, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts. You can also switch the peanut butter for almond butter to make them Paleo friendly.
For more amazing recipes and tips from Katie, check out her blog The Informed Mom and her Instagram @theinformedmom.
And for beauty and home care recipes, check out our monthly DIY wellness boxes!
DIY not your thing? No worries- we've got handmade boxes as well!